Friday, April 15, 2011

QQ denied entry into England



Young dancehall artiste QQ was recently denied entry into England according to his father and manager Joseph 'GQ' Dawkins.

He said QQ was supposed to tour some schools and meet with Kenyan ministers on Monday as hundreds of fans came to the airport to receive and welcome the young star.
The only problem was, there was no QQ.

Dawkins explained to The STAR the circumstances under which QQ was denied entry saying, "What really happen is that QQ was suppose to be in Kenya on Monday. We were refused entry into England based on my circumstances. I didn't do my community service so they refused him entry based on the fact that he's a minor and he was travelling with me."

He went on to say, "I pushed an officer when I was in England before, but I didn't know that he was a police. I went to court and pled guilty and I had to do 80 hours of community service. I didn't get to complete my service though and they said I never did anything like write to get a pardon or such. I had to work it out with some officials there for them to allow him to get on a next flight to New York."

QQ had to divert to New York, then to Dubai (his location at the time GQ was contacted) and then to Kenya.
According to GQ, QQ's absence caused some amount of commotion in Kenya as all wanted to know where he was.
"There was some confusion because when he hadn't landed in Kenya and people were asking why, others were posting on his Facebook page saying like he was in Jamaica. The hundreds of people who were there thought he wasn't coming. But the promoter did his checks and I also spoke with the promoter (Tuesday night) and explained that he had to stop over in Dubai. We're trying to arrange the tours and meetings which were disrupted to be rescheduled," he said.

However, GQ says he does not understand why the England officials would use his circumstance to affect QQ.
He said, "Dem a use my circumstances to affect this child. Why is it that dem a do dat? A the first time something like this has happened. Me nuh see why?"

Source: Jamaica-Star

1 comment:

  1. it sticky on u! all QQ inna dis denial visa thing..smh..

    ReplyDelete