Thursday, April 25, 2013

Snoop Lion Fire Back At Bunny Wailer

When Bunny Wailer and Snoop Dogg-Lion met in Jamaica last year, Wailer said he would be more than happy to appear on Snoop’s first reggae album, as long as his conversion to Rastafarianism wasn’t being “commercialized.” In a recent interview with TMZ, he indicated in no uncertain terms that he felt Snoop had let him down. Via Rolling Stone:

Recently, however, Wailer came out against Snoop in a TMZ interview, decrying the Long Beach, California MC’s “outright fraudulent use of the Rastafari community’s personalities and symbolism” and his failure to meet “contractual, moral and verbal commitments.” Wailer’s contribution to the album was ultimately cut. Last week, Rolling Stone met with Snoop Lion in Los Angeles for an upcoming profile. During the discussion, he elaborated on his side of the fallout with Wailer.

Snoop responded in a new interview with Rolling Stone.

He’s speaking and the album isn’t out. That gave me fair warning to get this motherfucker off my shit. I have no insight what turned him. The people I visited at the Nyabinghi Temple aren’t speaking negative on me. They’re real Rastas. I went in there and filmed them, showed their whole get-down. Nobody did that before. If anyone, they should have complained – “He exploited us!” Why aren’t they saying that? To me, they have the most gripe to make. How did I exploit Bunny? I gave you a chance to be in my movie. My movie gonna be the shit with or without you. I’m gonna be the shit with or without you. I’m Snoop Dogg. Relevant right now.

It’s like, people take my kindness for weakness. In the Nineties, he could have never tried that because I’d have slapped the dog shit out of his old ass. How dare you? After all I’ve done for you? How dare you? You wasn’t the shit in the Wailers. You was just one of them: Bob, Peter Tosh, then you. They dead mean more than you do alive. You get the energy? When it should have been, 'Hey, this brother is putting me back in the light; I could possibly get on the road with him, be on his album, eat again. Let me get in line. This is Snoop Dogg; he’s already a star.’ It should have been, play along with me as opposed to stick me up. I’m gonna give you what you worth, but you not gonna stick me up.

Source