Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Producer says I-Octane did not steal Dazzla's song

Reggae/dancehall producer Markus Myrie has rubbished allegations made by up-and-coming dancehall artiste Dazzla that I-Octane copied the concept of his dancehall single, She Want it All Night/Move Up Yu Body.

See: Young artiste claims I-Octane Stole his Song

According to Myrie, who says he recorded I-Octane's song himself, the song was recorded in 2012.

"The song was recorded from last year but released last week. Everybody in music knows that's how the music industry goes. We work ahead of time, so a song might be recorded, but not released immediately, so if we hold a hit until 2013, nothing nuh wrong," he explained.

"When I heard what the young artiste was saying, I just said it was ridiculous. I went to Magnum Kings and Queens the night and I did not even hear his song play. I even went to listen to his song on YouTube and it was not even close to I-Octane's song," he said.

Myrie further added that I-Octane only takes advice or ideas from members on his immediate team.

"I was on the road with I-Octane one day and a young artiste stepped up and gave him a book with over 100 songs and I-Octane returned the book to him and told him sing his own songs, so I know that I-Octane does not take material from persons unless it's like in a recording session from the producer and so forth," he said.

Myrie also revealed that I-Octane's Wuk Up Yu Body has been doing well since its release. He also encouraged female fans to participate in the ongoing Wuk Up Yu Body competition being promoted by I-Octane's camp.

The producer is also gearing up to release a reggae rhythm called Insecurity. He recently signed a young artiste called D.E. to his label and is looking to release a video featuring Flexx in coming weeks. Myrie is also gearing up to unleash new projects featuring Mavado, Ninja Kid and KipRich.

"If you are a real I-Octane fan, yu must know that dem man deh nah guh tek people material. Big up all I-Octane fans and continue to support your artiste and Markus Records," Myrie said.

Markus Myrie is the son of reggae icon Buju Banton, and was awarded Producer of the Year in the recent STAR People's Choice Awards.

Source